Reasons for GX85 owner to buy GX9?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
OP Kawika Nui Contributing Member • Posts: 673
Re: Reasons for GX85 owner to buy GX9?

Egregius V wrote:

I just caught this review:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/panasonic-gx9

I found it very informative - and disappointing, too. As a GX85 owner, I'm most interested in the GX9's addition of Bluetooth, 20MP sensor, and control changes. Unfortunately, the review indicates that Bluetooth doesn't add much: one still needs Wi-Fi for live view and (I am guessing) geotagging and full camera control. Also, the addition of the exposure dial seems to have a rather terrible cost:

"As on the GX80, the rear dial can be clicked inwards like a button, but strangely this doesn’t seem to have any useful function on the GX9. It seems blindingly obvious to me that this should be used to toggle between alternate dial functions, which would make the GX9 really quick to use. Unfortunately that’s not an option."

"...the GX9 has more than enough controls to be a really likeable camera, but it lacks the ability to make the best use of them."

Thanks for providing this useful information.

I hope this isn't right - or that the firmware simply isn't finished. If this is the finished product, I'll pass.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow