M43 and professional end use. Locked

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
NCV
OP NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 7,567
Face Palm.

em jo photo wrote:

NCV wrote:

I will try and spell things out for you in simple terms.

Thanks!

I took a picture for my own pleasure. I posted the picture on my Blog which I do also for my own pleasure.

Got it.

A designer asked to use this picture for a poster. I said yes.

Wonderful!

The designer was happy with my picture.

Even better!

It was taken with an M43 camera at ISO 1600.

Check.

This tells me that a picture taken with an EM5 at ISO 1600 is fine for professional use.

?

Professionals get paid. And if they don't make a profit, they don't remain "professionals" for long.

Well thanks for that nugget of wisdom.

I have been running a very successful engineering practice for some years now. I will have to take this valuable tip into account.

Therefore: a picture or a job that received low pay = not "fine" for professional use.

You still have not understood the SIMPLE English of my post, I must conlude you are one of the fuctionally illeterate that I wrote about above.

You cannot have a "discourse" on what's suitable for professional photography if you refuse to discuss the economics of the product you delivered.

I am not going to talk about this aspect. Forget it

Perhaps when you shot the photo you weren't considering the economics of your time, effort, workflow, camera gear, ancillary expenses like travel and pro liability insurance, relative to your payday? That's fine (you aren't a professional, as you say), but it also means your opinion on "professional suitability" isn't worth much.

Goodness gracious, you do have difficulty understanding what people write.

Whilst out and about on a Sunday afternoon I take a picture that somebody liked and wanted to use for a poster. End of story.

Try to understand that I was talking about the use of an M43 image that was used for an end use where image quality is important

Professionals don't ask, "will someone pay something for a photo of this quality?" They ask, "will someone pay enough for a photo of this quality to cover the costs of sustaining a business of some kind?"

I think I know this better than you do, seeing that I run a successful business.

OK capito.

Glad we had this little chat.

Face palm!

-- hide signature --
 NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow