Coming from Canon: MC-11 or Metabones V?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
XeroJay
XeroJay Senior Member • Posts: 1,836
Coming from Canon: MC-11 or Metabones V?

I've been shooting with Canon for 14 years now, and currently have the 5DIV and use mainly the 85 1.4 IS, 35II, 70-200 II, and a few other L's. I just put a pre-order on the A7III though, as I'm feeling like it will make a great complement to me current Canon gear. I my goal isn't to switch systems; just to get the best out of adapted lenses with the Sony.

I've spent the last few days watching every video I could find online, trying to get an idea of which lens adaptor will likely work best with my Canon L lenses. I understand that nobody here can give a definitive answer on which will work best, as all we can do at this point is speculate. It seems to me that using the A7RIII as a reference, both adaptors are similar with some pros/cons on both sides. Anything I've found online where the actual A7III is used with adapted lenses, it's been with the MC-11, and it actually seems to outperform the A7RIII, but again, there is such precious little out there as of yet...

Having said all of this, I am hoping to get some advice or thoughts on what others would buy in my situation. Is it possible that the A7III performs better than the A7RIII using the MC-11? Is the Metabones V a safer bet (price excluded). Ideally I would love to test both before getting the camera, however I will need to choose one in order to do literally anything when the camera arrives.

Thanks in advance everyone

XeroJay's gear list:XeroJay's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Sony a7 III Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow