Which lens for a start?

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fennec New Member • Posts: 21
Which lens for a start?

Hello there,

now I am on the point of buying my first non-kit lens. The zooms of PRO series are out of my range, and I have settled that primes are the best choice for me, especially when discretion is essential.
I own well-known Olympus product - OM-D E-M10 II with kit lens so far (14-42 II R). As my budget is thin, I suppose that two primes combo will have to satisfy my needs for a long time. But at first I want to buy only one for a start to get used to work with primes.
Apparently when I scroll through my photos I mostly use short and long end of my lens.

I was concerned which focal lengths to choose, as i cannot afford every single piece of gear. I have decided that good idea is to choose the ones with equivalency of FF duo 35mm/85mm. However, maybe the classy 25 mm is better choice?

The purpose of the wider one: some landscapes (if possible), architecture and street (still I need a lot of practice just to start)

Second one: general use, portrait (maybe)

Hope that it is not too chaotic,

Cheers,

Fennec

POLL
Panasonic 20 mm 1.7/Panasonic 20mm 1.7 II
27.1% 23  votes
Olympus 45 mm 1.8
17.6% 15  votes
Olympus 17 mm 1.8
28.2% 24  votes
Olympus 25 mm 1.8
17.6% 15  votes
Panasonic 25 mm 1.7
9.4% 8  votes
  Show results
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
TRP
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow