Which lens for a start?

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fennec New Member • Posts: 21
Which lens for a start?

Hello there,

now I am on the point of buying my first non-kit lens. The zooms of PRO series are out of my range, and I have settled that primes are the best choice for me, especially when discretion is essential.
I own well-known Olympus product - OM-D E-M10 II with kit lens so far (14-42 II R). As my budget is thin, I suppose that two primes combo will have to satisfy my needs for a long time. But at first I want to buy only one for a start to get used to work with primes.
Apparently when I scroll through my photos I mostly use short and long end of my lens.

I was concerned which focal lengths to choose, as i cannot afford every single piece of gear. I have decided that good idea is to choose the ones with equivalency of FF duo 35mm/85mm. However, maybe the classy 25 mm is better choice?

The purpose of the wider one: some landscapes (if possible), architecture and street (still I need a lot of practice just to start)

Second one: general use, portrait (maybe)

Hope that it is not too chaotic,

Cheers,

Fennec

POLL
Panasonic 20 mm 1.7/Panasonic 20mm 1.7 II
27.1% 23  votes
Olympus 45 mm 1.8
17.6% 15  votes
Olympus 17 mm 1.8
28.2% 24  votes
Olympus 25 mm 1.8
17.6% 15  votes
Panasonic 25 mm 1.7
9.4% 8  votes
  Show results
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TRP
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow