C&C: Snow-covered Picnic Tables

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ctlow
ctlow Contributing Member • Posts: 567
Re: C&C: Snow-covered Picnic Tables

DaBrownCO wrote:

Hi Charles,

I read your blog, and will definitely study it some more. The thing I liked was that you explained very clearly how we see in 3D with the fact that our eyes are always moving and we have two eyes to capture the image.

Your blog has started me to realize why I like perspectives in my photos so much. It's because those make the image appear three dimensional. I also now see why foreground elements are so important in that they naturally create a 3-D perception. Finally, I can envision how one may use light to help make an image more dimensional and less flat....Thanks,

David

Thanks so much, David.

Example: I've been going around the last two days trying to experiment with a new teleconverter, but in very flat light, and not getting much if anything which pleases me. I can only fault myself, but my lighting coach (doesn't everyone have a lighting coach? - invaluable!) just says "Flat light, man! Ain't agonna' happen!"

-- hide signature --

Charles
ctLow Photog

ctlow's gear list:ctlow's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow