How often do you replace your SD cards?

Started Mar 10, 2018 | Discussions thread
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 25,304
Re: How often do you replace your SD cards?

Brisn5757 wrote:

fotografffic wrote:

I've used one of my Canon cameras for years because of it's small size, portability, decent image quality and features including zoom.

I've used the same SD card in it for the past seven years. I have not had one problem with the card, never! Every now and then I format it and, after heavy use, I do a low-level format.

Am I pushing my luck? Is it time to get a new SD card? How often do you replace your SD cards? Do new ones have decent reliablity?

Thank you!

It makes me curious on how manufacturers can continue to sell SD cards when the SD cards can be used many times without replacement. It must be when the SD cards are upgraded to handle a faster data rate for 4K video recording etc that they can continue to sell SD cards.

Brian

All the cameras being sold every single day need memory cards, whether because people are upgrading from an older camera and can most likely benefit from a larger faster card or because they are new to digital cameras.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow