How does the Merrill compare to 24MP APS-C?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
confused circle Senior Member • Posts: 1,119
How does the Merrill compare to 24MP APS-C?

Spent the last couple of days looking over videos, threads, and blogs about the Sigma Foveon cameras. They aren't terribly expensive on the used market, but I'm wondering how much nicer a DP1M or DP2M would be for B&W or street shooting compared to my X-T20 with 35/1.4. There's the obvious aperture difference, and I've read plenty about the speed, raw development, battery life, high iso, etc. None of that is of particular concern, since I'm interested in it for the quirks and image quality. What I am wondering is how it would compare to the "pop" or "microcontrast" of the X-trans cfa and some of the Fuji lenses like the 35/1.4 or 56/1.2 (or the 18, that I've never handled). I've looked at jpegs and downloaded a couple of x3f files and the sigma converter, but it's hard to compare when I can't duplicate the same images with my camera.

confused circle's gear list:confused circle's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-T20 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T20 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow