SD-body for use with M42 and Leica-R lenses

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
richard stone Senior Member • Posts: 2,413
Re: Update, 1st test done, and a big thanks to all contributors to the thread!

Sjak wrote:

Just a quick snap from my balcony, nothing special, auto-setting from SPP, lens was a Meyer Optik 29mm 2.8. Auto-evrything, auto X3F-to-jpg in SPP 3.5 (except for darkening the shadows more)

I love the way the camera draws the clouds.

The OVF is also a pleasant surprise, much better than that of the old Pentax I was gifted a while ago.

1 problem, now I want the SDQH too

Iconoscope wrote:

[...] mainly because the sensor dust cover/filter is recessed further away from the lens flange, permitting the use of lenses that would damage that filter on the SD14, SD15, or SD Merrill.

This warning also provided extemely valuable, thanks again!! The first lens I wanted to test (a Meyer 35mm 4.5 which has a strong colour character) looked a bit too recessed upon closer inspection.

And of course I have to thank all others for the input and insights in this thread.

I'm a big fan of the SD10: Brilliant colors and excellent details. The sensor does not resolve the immense detail of the sdQ, BUT what you see is very crisp. What can be troublesome is the sensitivity to proper exposure, as you noted. That can result in some unfortunate noise. I have been advised, but not yet attempted, to use the de-fringe control in SPP 6 to deal with that in the sdQ files. I don't know about the SD10 and SPP at this point. I just know I took some excellent pictures with that camera.

Best wishes with the new camera,

-- hide signature --
 richard stone's gear list:richard stone's gear list
Sigma SD10 Sigma sd Quattro Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow