Canon EOS 6d Mark II?

Started Mar 5, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EDub24 Junior Member • Posts: 42
Canon EOS 6d Mark II?

Hi all, I posted this question in the camera buying advice forum and am posting here as well. I’m currently in the market for a full frame camera and am looking at the Canon EOS 6d mark ii. I’m interested in people’s opinions about this camera. I currently use a Canon T3i but have been wanting to go full frame for quite a while as I’m feeling the limitations of my T3i. I’m a hobbyist and use my camera mostly for travel and social events although I do like to do some landscape when I’m out camping or hiking. I’ve read a number of reviews and am aware of the 6dii’s faults and I’m ok with most of them as they are all either still a major upgrade for me and my T3i (AF) or I just don’t need (4k video) but the one I’m concerned about is the dynamic range. I’m not sure how ‘bad’ it is or even what an acceptable value is. I know compared to other entry level full frames (sony a7ii and the new a7iii or nikon d750) it’s crap but in practice is the 6dii still manageable? If it’s really bad is it better to save $$ and go with the 6di which can be purchased for less than $1k right now or suck it up and wait for the next iteration and hope for more improvements? I will likely have this camera for a number of years so I don’t want something I’ll regret. I also realize there are much better options out there at this price point (sony or nikon) but all of my lenses are canon full frame lenses (never purchased ef-s lenses with the goal of going full frame eventually) so I’m more or less wedded to Canon. Note that I'm not in a rush and will likely purchase the camera this summer/fall so I'll be keeping my eyes open for major sales. Thanks for the advice!

EDub24's gear list:EDub24's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow