Best pano setup for travel?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Snap Happy Contributing Member • Posts: 807
Re: Best pano setup for travel?

I have been thinking about this also as I have been doing a lot more travelling.

I mostly do single-row panos using a panning 'base' on top of a ballhead, with/without a nodal slide as required. Camera is fitted with L-bracket and I shoot vertically.

For travel, I just got a RRS BH-25 Pro head for my Gitzo GT2545T traveller. The head fits nicely between the reversed/folded legs, and the combo weighs 1.45kg with the standard column. With a shorter column, you save a tiny bit of weight but the legs do not fold back quite so far.

I also got a Sirui PA-20 panning base that has an Arca plate on the bottom, seems well made and weighs about 150g.

Bear in mind the max load I plan to use on this setup will only be about 1.75kg (X-T2, grip and 50-140), and mostly it would be a lot lighter, especially when travelling.

Snap Happy's gear list:Snap Happy's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
kli
kli
kli
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow