Yongnuo, Godox, Help!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
haroldson5 Junior Member • Posts: 39
Yongnuo, Godox, Help!

I'm sure this is something someone must have experience with and could help. My current lighting setup:

Yongnuo YN600EX-RT (on/off switch not working, hopefully warranty repairable)

Yongnuo YN600-RTii (already had to have replaced after a month)

Yongnuo YN-E3-RT

Mettle AD300 with battery pack

YongnuoTNE3-RX

Obviously, I'm already invested in Yongnuo BUT what's that worth if stuff will easily breakdown or stop working?

Things I like: the convenience of off camera ETTL; the ability to adjust ratios, flash power, etc, from the transmitter; the price.

Things I don't: Two flashes broken in less than a year. Studio flash is not powerful enough to justify it's size.

Considerations:

1 Cheap option- Get the flash fixed if warranty works. One more flash of the same as a third light on the go/backup for the next inevitable issue

2 Moderate- Get an AD200 plus transmitters/receivers to have ETTL with the one or hopefully two Yongnuo flashes. Can a x1 receiver attached provide ettl to a yongnuo flash???

3- A little more $- AD200 plus a Godox flash and necessary triggers?

4 Any other options? Trying to stay under $600 tops. Prefer to stay as cheap as possible AND reliable. Is that even possible???

Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow