Future Direction For APS-C bodies

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 1,750
Future Direction For APS-C bodies

No insider information here - all speculation from the rumour sites and statements from Fujifilm.

Statements from Fujifilm:

1) IBIS requires a bigger body than any of the past X-series cameras (X-Pro#, X-T$, X-T##)

Rumours

1) Fall release for the next generation sensor / processor platform

2) Rumoured to be a X-T# body

3) No IBIS - no enough development time to shrink the size of the IBIS unit to fit into the X-T3

So by this fall - we should be seeing a new camera with the next generation processor and sensor but no IBIS. If they follow the pricing strategy of the X-T2 - it will be priced lower than the X-H1. Will the next generation processor/sensor be faster than an overclocked last generation sensor / sensor?

Reason I ask this question - I tried out the X-H1 for a few minutes and like it a lot but don't want to buy into it as the next generation processor / sensor is expected to be ready by this fall and probably less money too but I guess no IBIS on that rumoured camera...

I am a stills shooter only so the video improvements on the X-H1 means nothing to me. IBIS is nice to have for me but not a deal breaker.

Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow