A Couple Thoughts After a Year

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nuzzart Regular Member • Posts: 271
A Couple Thoughts After a Year

It's been about a year since I switched from Sony Nex-5n to a Fujifilm X-T20/18-55. I had kind of a difficult start. Within the first couple months the camera/lens was sent in for repair twice for the focus issue reported elsewhere, replacing the lens, camera main board and the camera front. A short time later the camera stopped recognizing the lens and was sent back a third time, this time replacing the front of the camera for a second time. It was while the camera was back in for repair and I was on vacation with the Nex-5n that I seriously considered getting rid of the X-T20/18-55. When I got back home I started preparing to sell it on Ebay. It was at that point that I stopped and asked myself two questions - Why did I pick the X-T20 and what would I replace it with. The "why" was pretty easy to answer - the user interface, the lenses, the image quality, the Xtrans III sensor, the direction Fujifilm APC line was headed, the price/value, the EVF. It was the "what" that was much more difficult and it quickly became apparent to me that my original decision was the correct one for me even after the problems I had.  I was not willing to give up the X-T20.

Since then the camera has worked great.  Yes I will still see an occasional out of focus image with the 18-55 that it should have been able to make but its very infrequent.  I am very happy with the X-T20 and I finally sold off my Sony gear.   I'll end this with just one photo taken last fall with the X-T20 and a Minolta MD W.Rokkor 35mm/2.8 lens.

Taken near Little Sable Point Lighthouse, Michigan

nuzzart's gear list:nuzzart's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +18 more
Fujifilm X-T20 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow