White background with reflections

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lalachka
lalachka Regular Member • Posts: 281
White background with reflections

I already posted in the beginner forum and got tons of good advice. Saw some discussions in this subforum that I wanted to get some more info on.

I'm stuck on this look (white background and reflections). This pic is good enough, meaning I will settle if I can't get anything better.

But I'd love to get white background in the front as well, without losing the rich reflections. Is that possible?

I will be trying to add more light to the front tomorrow, but I'm afraid I will lighten the reflections as well. Is that true?

Also, I'm at f25, I find that I get the best reflections (to my taste) at this aperture without losing my white background.

From reading the forum, I'm starting to think that this might not be true and that I can get this look with different settings. I read here that using f8 or so is the sharpest point of the lens. I'm not sure if I can gain anything by opening the aperture but if I can (sharper image? Better quality? What would I gain?), is it possible to keep this look with higher aperture?

If so, how? Moving the lights farther, lowering the strobe power?

Any other comments and suggestions are welcome

ETA also, I asked in my other thread but didn't get replies yet and this might be a better place for it. I've seen people put white reflectors under the camera, under the lens, next to it, etc as opposed to putting them next to the product. Why is that done?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow