Two Q's in one small bag

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
drummercam Senior Member • Posts: 1,076
Two Q's in one small bag

Pentax Q7 and Leica Q.  What a pair!  The Leica of course is now my VERY obvious choice for all of my 28mm work. The IQ is definitely in another league from anything, including my Pentax K-3 and Limiteds (which are very good).  But the Pentax Q7 is so compact that it can fit in the bag and be available for any "as-the-opportunity-arises" interior shots with the (here mounted) Pentax Q/08 lens (17.5mm (eq.) focal length), or for any 70-200mm (eq.) opportunities (since I also fit in the bag the Pentax Q/06).

This is a highly versatile kit. The Leica Q with its fixed 28mm takes a 49mm polarizer, the same as on the superwide wide Pentax 08. The bag also holds a table top tripod, extra batteries for both cameras, and the Pentax Q polarizer for the Q/06 telephoto. Even the Q/03 fisheye can come along for the ride.

I cannot extol on these 2 cameras enough -- stellar IQ for the Leica 28mm (with its amazing macro shift - two lenses in one!), and wide focal range portability for the Pentax Q when it is needed, at minimal cost and weight.

If I can determine whether the miniscule Pentax AF201FG P-TTL Flash (bounce & weather-resistant) will work in manual on the Leica without harming it, that too will go in the bag as a bounce flash for both cams.

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Leica Q Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-S2 +1 more
Pentax K-3 Pentax Q7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow