Desktop Icons???

Started Feb 25, 2018 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Van Griff Senior Member • Posts: 1,934
Desktop Icons???

Hi All

I have many desktop icons . . . many programs and many Word, Excel, and PDF files . . . I like to move them around and locate them in certain groupings and areas on the screen for quick recognition when required . . . with Win 7 I had no problems . . . I could move the icons around and place wherever and that's where they remained thru powering off the comp or doing restarts . . . now that I have upgraded to Win 10 every time I power off or restart all the icons gravitate to the left side of my screen in some sort of random arrangement to wherever there is a space in the rows or columns of icons . . . they don't stay where I place them . . . I have done numerous Google searches to try and come up with a remedy but anything suggested that I have tried has not rectified the problem . . . and the issue remains . . . I am not very computer technology savvy so any suggestions from the knowledgeable here to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

V G

Van Griff's gear list:Van Griff's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +35 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow