Desktop Icons???

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Van Griff Senior Member • Posts: 1,247
Desktop Icons???

Hi All

I have many desktop icons . . . many programs and many Word, Excel, and PDF files . . . I like to move them around and locate them in certain groupings and areas on the screen for quick recognition when required . . . with Win 7 I had no problems . . . I could move the icons around and place wherever and that's where they remained thru powering off the comp or doing restarts . . . now that I have upgraded to Win 10 every time I power off or restart all the icons gravitate to the left side of my screen in some sort of random arrangement to wherever there is a space in the rows or columns of icons . . . they don't stay where I place them . . . I have done numerous Google searches to try and come up with a remedy but anything suggested that I have tried has not rectified the problem . . . and the issue remains . . . I am not very computer technology savvy so any suggestions from the knowledgeable here to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

V G

Van Griff's gear list:Van Griff's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +30 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow