D850 with Sigma 50 Art?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wuzup Contributing Member • Posts: 519
D850 with Sigma 50 Art?

I need a really good 50 for the D850 and I don't think Nikon has one as good as the Sigma  Art according to DxO anyway.

My question is this: will the sigma function as well as the Nikon with their best normal lens when it comes to autofocus speed and all other functions that would be needed to make it a supurb lens on the 850 body? I've been a Nikon guy for 40 years but feel that nikon has let us all down when it comes to lens development.

I have been considering Sony A7R111 w/ 55/1.8 and Fuji Gfx w/63/2.8 because of the sharpness and enlargeability of images from those cameras and NORMAL lens  combinations. I thought I'd check out this Nikon/Sigma combination one last time before I rule it out and travel another path... BTW, I print large and 30 x 40 in. is normal for me lately and 4x5 has only had the quality I expect when drum scanned.

I'm trying to get as close to the quality I described above as possible as I am done dragging that heavy tripod, 4x5 camera, several film holders and all the other stuff needed and then incurring the high costs of drum scans at 200-300 ppi.

Thanks in advance...

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow