Ritz Camera sold me a used d5300 that was listed as "new"

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gavin Wade Junior Member • Posts: 38
Ritz Camera sold me a used d5300 that was listed as "new"

I am really frustrated with myself for not coming to this conclusion before.  A few months ago I purchased a nikon d5300 international version with 18-55mm kit lens from ritz camera for 465$.  It was a really good deal and the best part was it was supposed to be new.  However it caused me annoyances from the start.  The viewfinder came full of dust and even had scratches and other things inside.  I thought I would eventually get used to it and I decided I would rather "get out there and shoot"  than worry about this "minor" problem.  Well it got worse and I started noticing other things about the camera body.  when the hand grip started to come off I stop trying to deny the fact that it was a used camera that was supposed to be new.  And here I am now a few months later trying to figure out what to do with it.  It is really hard to enjoy macro photography when the hand grip feels like it is ready to fall off and the viewfinder is full of large specs if dust, hairs, and weird smudges/scratches (when I shake the camera everything moves around).

I just want to find a way to enjoy photography with my camera; I don't have any idea of what to do.

Gavin Wade's gear list:Gavin Wade's gear list
Nikon D5300 Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR II +1 more
Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow