Very pleased with my "new" Q-S1

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jasildo New Member • Posts: 2
Very pleased with my "new" Q-S1

So, I got a little tired of always lugging my K3ii around with me when on vacation, so decided to look out for a compact camera. After much deliberation looking at offerings from the Canons/Nikons of this world, I decided to stay loyal to Pentax try and get hold of a Q7 or Q-S1. Anyway, just before Christmas I came across a mint copy of the Q-S1 on ebay and managed to also find excellent copies of the 01, 02 & 06 lenses.

Last weekend was my first weekend break away with the camera, and it didn't disappoint. OK, it's not a K3ii, and is getting on a bit when compared with more recent offerings, but I managed to get some lovely shots (well I think so anyway!?), and it confirmed to me that photography isn't all about having the latest gear, it's about whether or not you know how to use whatever camera you've got properly, and have an eye for a good photo!

Pics taken in the lake district, England, UK (Processed in LR and Nik/Google Color Efex Pro 4)

Pentax Q7 Pentax Q-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow