Upgrading my UWA lens - D5300

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GeorgePop New Member • Posts: 1
Upgrading my UWA lens - D5300

Hi all!  I've had the old Tamron 10-24mm for several years now.  It's my first wide angle and I've been able to do some good work with it.  I'm a Realtor so I only ever use it for shooting houses.  It's never been as sharp as I'd like and when I've tried to use it for video, I've never been totally happy with the results.  So, I'm looking for an upgrade and I noticed that a new version came out last year.  Is it really a better lens or just repackaged to look sleeker?  I'd be looking to stay in that 500-600 range, so that is an option along with the Sigma 10-20 and the Tokina 11-16.  Length isn't really that important since I usually shoot interiors in the Tokina's range.  It seems like with the 2.8, that would make the most sense for video.  Is there anything else out there I should consider?  Thanks in advance!

Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow