Is printing dying? - Are prints obsolete?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Smitje New Member • Posts: 24
Is printing dying? - Are prints obsolete?

I recently started to notice that people have fewer and fewer physical prints and photographs at their houses. A few years ago, everybody was sharing and showing real prints at family or other social meetings and events. These days everybody just posts pics online or shows them on the smartphone screen. I also noticed that there are hardly anymore posters, reproduction prints or photo calendars in homes and offices. Only screens.

Do you still print your photos? Do you print everything or only selected images? How often do you do it and for what purpose? Are they on display?

I printed a few pics but was rather disappointed with the outcome quality wise and I don't have a big flat so I struggle with space. Additionally my girlfriend doesn't like my style of photos so she doesn't want them on the walls.

Smitje's gear list:Smitje's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow