Affinity Photo's Raw Processing

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 19,679
Shadows and Highlights compared to other tools.

For me, specifically, when compared to ACDSee, I feel I can get better, "cleaner", less muddy shadows, and highlights with ACDSee than I can with Affinity Photo.  I think I can capture all the dynamic range my camera can produce better with ACDSee than I can with A.P.

That being said, I DO like Affinity Photo as a companion editor for ACDSee to do the things that ACDSee Ultimate can not do.  I like it better than PSP X8 for that purpose.

I would NOT recommend that you go out and buy a different raw processor program right away though.  If you are new to post processing, you've got a lot to learn.  I personally think letting raw development be your primary decider at this point is 'hitching the horse to the back of the vegetable cart' instead of the front.

You can do good work with Affinity Raw, if you are willing to work within its limitations and can make up any raw deficiencies from within the bit  mapped editor portion.

Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow