A wide walk with the A7rIII

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Magnar W
Magnar W Senior Member • Posts: 3,610
A wide walk with the A7rIII

After a few months with the camera, I am starting to learn my A7rIII to know. There is actually nothing that I find problematic or negative with this camera, which operates nicely in cold climate when I am wearing gloves. When everything is properly set up, I hardly have to enter the menues. If so, the personalised menu is very helpful. Autofocus is precise, and manual focus works like a breeze.

IBIS is a great feature that I missed with the A7, and resolution and dynamic range is just wow! The files are easy to work with, and I like the workflow with Lightroom. For panoramas I prefer using PTGui though.

Here are a few wide angle views from close to where I grew up. Up here north, the sun is low, and the colors are characterized by this.

A wide view. Loxia 21 mm, panorama from two frames. Excellent dynamic range.

Some large rocks, seen from north. Loxia 21 mm, panorama from two frames.

Large rock seen from south. Loxia 21 mm.

Just walking around. Loxia 21 mm.

No sheeps during the winter. Loxia 21 mm, panorama from 3 frames.

The small village and great light. Loxia 35 mm. Single exposure. I am impressed with the dynamic range.

Magnar W's gear list:Magnar W's gear list
Sony a7 Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Zeiss Loxia 35 +2 more
Sony a7 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow