New to printing, who are the best commercial printing sources and media

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
terryreid
terryreid Senior Member • Posts: 1,723
New to printing, who are the best commercial printing sources and media

I have a portfolio on my computer and online to date and want to start printing some of them.

I know very little on this subject. I would like to have a couple dozen of my best images in my home and maybe dabble into photo contests, our local club or exhibitions.

I am looking for the best or close to the best but do not know the pros and cons of various media, I know there are several types.

What size is best to print or should a person mix it up a little or all the same

borders, no borders, matt what time of glass if any or frames or just straight prints.

Lastly what are some of the very best printers for home under $3,000 or so and what does it cost for a print if it is even half of commercial I do not see what the point would be because I question whether the quality and lifespan would be there from one I did at home.

Any tips on calibrating a 2-17 5k iMac for accurate color or any other tips such as the best way to prepare the files.

Thanks,

-- hide signature --

-Terry

terryreid's gear list:terryreid's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony a9 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony RX1R +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow