Is This a Feature you would Like in a Firmware Update?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 5,880
Is This a Feature you would Like in a Firmware Update?

The Gfx, in firmware 3.00 to be released soon, as indicated below, is getting a feature that I would love to have but am curious whether or not it could be of use to the community here IF Fuji could incorporate it into our lowly X cams or the upcoming X-H1. The feature is focus bracketing (I assume similar to focus stacking found on the Nikon D850):

From the website:

Firmware Version:
FUJIFILM GFX 50S: Ver.3.00

1. Addition of “Focus Bracketing”
    The update will enable the photographer to shoot focus distance bracketing up to 999 frames. When the photographer start shooting, the focal location is shifted with each activation of the shutter by the step of focus shift set from 1 to 10.

My assumption for the need, and I could be wrong, is because the Gfx, as a MF cam, produces a shallower DOF than cams with smaller sensors. HOWEVER, what a nice feature to give the rest of us so we can make our near to far landscapes, macro, architecture, static objects, etc., ALL IN FOCUS without stopping down to diffraction territory of f/13 and beyond. Yes this works primarily for tripod shooters and not intended for any moving objects but would be a nice feature for critical work.  And one would need to do some additional PP work but the resulting image could be splendid.

So, what d’ya all think?

Bob, the curious MOD

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D850 +9 more
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow