Super Extreme case of G.A.S!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sebek911 Regular Member • Posts: 171
Super Extreme case of G.A.S!

Where do I begin… I love trying out different cameras and so I’ve owned over 50 ugh! digital cameras in the past 3 years or so. Past year I’ve gone overboard buying and selling. Most of the time I purchase something I’d like to try with the money from the last camera I sold.

I keep saying the next camera I purchase, I’ll stick to for at least a year. Nope. Sometimes I put it up for sale the next day I receive it! It’s really insane and I’m tired of all the time (and some money) I’ve wasted.

I always purchase used, never new... until about 2 months ago, I decided my dream camera was the X100f. I sold off all my digital cameras, yes I also have a few film cameras I use from time to time, and after about two weeks, the X100f stopped working! This is the first time I had a camera break.

I got scared that the next one I get will brake again and what if it breaks after 30 days and I can’t get it replaced? This scared me off having just one digital camera and so the cycle continues!

I have done a few paid shoots for friends and a portrait shoot in a park for a co worker. Last week I found a great deal on an Olympus Pen-F. I love how this camera feels and took a few shots with now sold Olympus 17mm f2.8 lens. Since I’m probably going to do more paid family shoots this upcoming Spring/Summer season, I’m of course now wondering if the Pen-F is ‘camera’ enough. I do see many photographers, even wedding’s done with micro four thirds sensor.

But again, I’m doubting myself and the camera and already thinking I should go back to my favorite camera of all time the X100 (which I’ve now owned 3x) and also buy a DSLR in case I have a paid photoshoot. I’m caught up in this insanity and don’t know how to stop! Any suggestions?? At this point I think I have a camera disease!

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow