Sony A6500: Always need someone behind the camera!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kamera3 New Member • Posts: 1
Sony A6500: Always need someone behind the camera!

Hello everyone. I hope you are doing fine....

I have a Sony A6500 Camera with Ziess Lens. I tried to take a couple of pictures from myself.

The problem is when I do "self-timer shooting" the camera focuses on the wall behind me or it focuses on some other objects in the frame and my face ends up being out of focus! When my grumpy girlfriend stands behind the camera and "touches the screen" the images are completely sharp and the focus is right.

So how can I take pictures of myself without help from my grumpy girlfriend?

I put the cam on a tripod and use Autofocus mode and it doesn't have anything to do with lighting or ISO because when she stands behind the camera and touches the screen the camera recognizes my face with a green square and takes nice pictures. When she goes away the camera doesn't recognize my face.

I have tried face registration and face detection but to no avail! I have tried various focus areas but still in the pictures my face is out of focus.

Am I getting something wrong?

Appreciate your help...

Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow