Sell 50L and get 35Lii?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ttcyclist Junior Member • Posts: 36
Sell 50L and get 35Lii?

Hi everyone,

I'm usually a prime shooter on the 5d3, and my first L prime was the 50L. I got a good copy and really like this lens. It's the lens that if I could only have 1 lens this would be it. The problem is that I typically carry 2-3 lenses with me. Usually I grab my 85 and 24-70, and if I grab a 3rd its usually my 135. The 85 and 50 are just too close, and when carrying two lenses I usually want something wider than a 50. I considered getting a 24mm to have a 24-50-135 combo, but 24 just isn't my favorite. 35-85 just seems like a great 2 lens combo. Am I crazy to trade in my 50 toward a 35? The alternative would be to get the 35 f2, but in this case I feel that the 50 would go unused and I'd loose that stop of light (I shot a lot of events with poor lighting). I also need to make sure I have reliable autofocus, so some of the third party lenses might not do.

Any suggestions or things I may not have thought of are appreciated.

ttcyclist's gear list:ttcyclist's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow