Sony A7RIII - Focus Issues/questions

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rdbot Forum Member • Posts: 73
Sony A7RIII - Focus Issues/questions

Hello.

Ive been playing around with the camera in the wide or zone focus settings. Problem Im having is that if I point the camera on any street scene, the camera often chooses some seemingly random stationary object. I often get out of focus shots with some building or some street sign, or nothing at all. Pointing it down the sidewalk, for example, instead of locking on some person, it settles on the building somewhere in the upper left quadrant, which leaves me wondering how it could prefer that seemingly random area.

I usually use center or the flexible spot to get around this, but seems I should be able to get decent results using the wide or zone. tryin to take pics of skateboarders moving fast, is there any way to get it to try to choose people in the center vs. some random person or object on the periphery? I do have face recognition on, and even try using eye tracking, but seems so inaccurate.

Thoughts?

here are some typical examples where what should be the focus is instead some random area.

R

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow