XT2 continuous focusing -- can't achieve good result, is it normal?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eddy1123 Regular Member • Posts: 439
XT2 continuous focusing -- can't achieve good result, is it normal?

Hi guys,

I posted a thread awhile ago about my experience with XT2, my impression back then was that its a great camera but its AF-C can't beat my antique Canon 20D which is 13 years old. The response that I got from here is that XT2 AFC is good but just different than DSLR, so I thought I was the problem not the camera. So I took the camera with me to my recent trip to Japan, and honestly, I still couldn't get much luck with the AFC. The following is my setting, and I wonder if there is a problem with my camera or lens.

- 35 F2 lens was used, aperture set to F2

- bright sunny day so shutter speed and contrast wasn't an issue

- set to zone focus and AFC, and high speed shooting mode

- I was shooting my baby girl, she was walking, not running she is only 1 and a half years old, so tracking at that speed shouldn't be a problem

- AFC tracking was set in mode 2 which I understand provides a more reliable result.

- she was walking towards me from 3 meters away... I think this might be the only reason for the poor result giving shallow DOF, but come to think of it, it shouldn't because she wasn't walking that fast and shutter was above 1000/sec.

So is my lens or camera faulty? or 35 F2 is just generally not good with tracking...

your input is appreciated. Thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow