Panasonic compact? Which?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bob5050 Regular Member • Posts: 410
Panasonic compact? Which?

Situation: I'm normally a DSLR shooter, and normally of landscapes, buildings, building interiors, street scenes, etc. Basically think "vacation pictures" as primary use.

While I'm very happy with my gear in general, I'd like to supplement it with a coat-pocketable compact for evenings: dinners, shows, casual conversation shots. In those situations, people tend to be very conscious if you pull out a dslr--it's intimidating.

The primary and nearly only criteria are low-light performance and value. For those reasons, I'm looking at the Lumix LX10 or LX100, currently favoring the LX10. So the major questions are:

-- hide signature --

compared to a dslr with an f/1.4 lens--am I going to be happy with the low-light performance of either Lumix, or am I going to feel like I have to carry the bigger camera to get the shot? The worst photo is one you don't have enough light to take...

--both the LX10 and LX100 are getting a bit long in the tooth--any ideas on the timings of newer models?

thanks,

bob5050

bob5050's gear list:bob5050's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow