Buying 7Dm2 and 5d, few questions.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat
SteveAnderson Regular Member • Posts: 139
Buying 7Dm2 and 5d, few questions.

Hi all,

After a ridiculous amount of pondering, I have decided on a 7Dm2 for everyday use, and a 5Dc for portraits and misc.

I returned the 6D. Great photos, but feels like half a camera. Returned the D750. Absolutely amazing camera but horrible skin tones.

Question about serial numbers: Which serial numbers should i avoid when buying the 7Dm2 if any. I have read the earlier versions had issues. I cant find any info on what the s/n stands for, how we can tell the build date?

Anything S/N wise to consider with the 5D?

Considering 5D: I can get one that has had the mirror repaired. Knowing how old these bodies are, should i get the one with probably a lot of clicks but a repaired mirror or are there better identifiers of a body that will have a better chance of lasting longer?

I am buying used from a good chain store in Japan. Many to choose from 7Dm2 and 5Dc.

Any advice on buying these specific bodies please.

Lenses i plan to buy: Tamron 24-70/2.8 VC, Tamron 100-400 VC.

Lens i will keep: efs 10-18mm

All advice welcome thank you,

SteveAnderson's gear list:SteveAnderson's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D750 Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 6D Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow