Two update wishes for a K1

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KPM2 Contributing Member • Posts: 588
Two update wishes for a K1

Hello

I'm coming from a K5 and use now also the K1

I would like to see this two updates for the K1.

the first is a minor one....but my K5 was so easy in it's handling in that regards: the status screen: The K1 has a lot more function and some of them you can serve on the third wheel. But I like to use the status screen for to get there status displayed and to switch this status screen on...and later off again, is now so inconvenient ! My K5 needed only one push on the info button to switch it on and two pushes on the info button to switch it off.

the second is about using a P-TTL flash. The new Auto ISO may good for a lot situations, but I really hope that for the TAv mode Pentax do use the elder mode, where you saw what ISO the camera use, else, for me flash-ambient light pictures are getting unpredictable, because when I meter on the ambient light and the camera use later an other ISO, the exposure level of the ambient light (and therefore it's ratio to the flash light) looks than different as expected. Using the TAv mode for a mixed ambience/flash illuminated picture was a easy doing with my K5, but now with the K1 not ...I lose the control about the ratio and even worse the ISO level I will use for the picture. The ISO I did use with my settings for the shutter speed and aperture I can only see later when the picture was made. For low ambient light levels you must know what ISO you use with your setting, else, your ambience/flash light pictures are getting quickly into the very high ISO range.

best regards KPM2

Pentax K-1 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow