Upcoming Sony A7III's specs, how reliable is SonyAlphaRumours?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Flat view
GrapeJam Contributing Member • Posts: 743
Upcoming Sony A7III's specs, how reliable is SonyAlphaRumours?

I'm finding myself shooting more and more videos these days, and has been frustating with the video user friendliness of Nikon DSLRs and switching to Sony has always been an option on the table. Granted I'd rather stay with Nikon (I really do not like Sony colors and ergonomics) and is looking forward to upcoming Nikon mirrorless but the near complete lack of information is always frustating. I need a good hybrid camera quick, but the A7RIII is out of my budget and 42mp is frankly overkill for me, so the A7III is the only Sony camera that I'm looking forward too, here's the rumoured specs:

24 mpx sensor.
7 fps.
425 contrast points.
167 phase detection.
Z batterie.
touch screen.
4k recording 24 .25 and 30 fps.
1080p 24.25.30 and 60.fps.
1899 us dollars.

At only 1900$? That's a very attractive price and it'll actually cost me less to switch to Sony FF than Fuji APS-C and if the specs are true I'll be very likely switch with little hesitation. How reliable is SonyAlphaRumours? I know that Nikon Rumours is very reliable.

GrapeJam's gear list:GrapeJam's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow