Can Yongnuo YN622N-TX and YN-560 IV work together

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
fotowbert
fotowbert Senior Member • Posts: 2,849
YN 560-TX RF-605 group compatibility

fotowbert wrote:

... snip ...

FYI the YN RF-605 manual transceivers have a group function but I'm uncertain how well their group capability integrates with the 560-TX groups. After seeing reports of group related issues between 560IV speedlights and RF-605s I decided against adding a pair of RF-605 to my YN manual flash gear kit.

Found the details used to make this decision several years ago.

The 560-TX don't fire "--" group setting is only honored by receiving RF-605 units when the 560-TX is in its native hot-shoe. Hand-held 560-TX use results in all RF-605s firing. Since hand-held is how I use my 560-TX during flash metering (see below) the RF-605 group capability wasn't any advantage over the RF-603II triggers.

The issues involving the 560IV being reported then was as a Tx the RF-605 group settings wern't being honored by the 560IV's built-in receiver.

When the camera is tripod mounted I found it convenient to use the 560-TX hand-held while flash metering. A RF-603II in the hot-shoe will then fire the remote flashes at the power levels I have set and also give me remote shutter release.

When purchasing YongNuo, especially RF-603II units, I recommend using a vendor with an easy return policy as the items may be defective out of the box at their price point.

• John
-- hide signature --

"[If you don't sweat the details] the magic doesn't work." Brooks, F. P., The Mythical Man-Month, Addison-Wesley, 1975, page 8.

fotowbert's gear list:fotowbert's gear list
Canon PowerShot A20 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Canon PowerShot S95 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow