Sigma mount conversion

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sgtsalamander Regular Member • Posts: 401
Sigma mount conversion

Hi, I'm looking at buying a well-priced, used 120-300 Sport in Canon mount and having it changed to Nikon. I was able to find one thread from 2016 that suggested the service was relatively quick (quicker than advertised) but I can't seem to find anything regarding reliability. Apologies if I've missed obvious search terms or obvious threads. I recently chastised someone for asking a question that has been beaten to death on these forums, not realizing they had actually done a search, but hadn't come up with anything (potentially due to the use of the wrong terms) so I'm prefacing my question with that caveat.

For those of you who have had the service completed, can you offer any advice regarding any real or perceived glitches that come up after the mount has been switched? or does the lens function as if it came off the assembly line in the mount that you've switched to? Given Sigma's new reputation for quality control, I'd like to assume the latter but wanted input.

Thanks in advance.

sgtsalamander's gear list:sgtsalamander's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PT
PT
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow