Opinions about "scene modes"?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChrBrewster New Member • Posts: 22
Opinions about "scene modes"?

I'm on my fourth digital camera. All of them have had the packaged settings that are called "scene modes" on Sony models, but I've never really given them a chance. I had a tutorial for my new a6000 with an old-school guy who considers them worthless because the actual situation would need tweaking and wouldn't work with a generalized group of settings. So I'm curious to know other people's opinions of these modes' value.

A few cameras back, I actually learned from the mere existence of 'twilight portrait' mode because I'd never considered that the flash and aperture give distinct exposures in this situation. This makes me think the other modes might embody some good ideas (even if the teacher's opinion still applies), so I'd like to know the thinking behind them and the actual settings used. Would appreciate a link where these are described.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow