Can someone please help me with my RX10 IV

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reupurt New Member • Posts: 8
Can someone please help me with my RX10 IV

Hello,

I’m recently retired and have always loved photography, but never had the time to devote to it until now.  So, I recently purchased the RX10 IV.  I’m clearly a beginner.  I’ve spent about 2 week reading threads and other information about this camera.  I’ve learned a lot, but I’m still struggling.  I can take a pretty good picture in auto mode, provided the subject is in clear view.  I like taking pictures of wildlife and often a twig gets in the way.  So, I’ve managed to program a couple of “non-auto” settings. But I’m missing something.  I’ve got a few pictures as examples:

This is a picture with the camer in auto.

The next picture was shot with the Dial turned to P, and the follow set up in My Menu 1:  Drive Mode - Cont. Shooting

ISO AUTO set at 100 - 1600

Focus Area - Expand Flixible Spot

ISO AUTO Min. SS - Faster

Metering Mode - Spot

Quality - Extra Fine

Everything else was left at factory set-up (unless I’ve changed something unknowingly).

To take the picture, I turned the Dial to P, and pressed the C1 button.  Here’s the picture:

My Menu 1 Picture

As you can see, it looks blue.  As a matter of fact, as soon as I turn the camera from Auto to P, the viewscreen looks blue.

The 2nd setup in My Menu 2 is similar (both I found on the internet):

I turn the wheel to A, click C2 button.

Quality - Extra Fine

Drive Mode - Cont. Shooting

Focus Area - Expand Flexible Spot

ISO AUTO - 100 - 1600

Here’s the picture (it looks about like the other one):

My Menu 2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I’m open to deleting both those programs and starting over.  Quite honestly, I don’t mind using the auto setting on the selector wheel if it would just allow me to use the flexible focus mode or one of the other modes that will allow me to focus on the desired object and not a twig or leaf.

Also, can someone help me understand the selector knob at the bottom right of the camera (if you are facing it)?  It has 4 selection: S, A, C, DMF, MF.  I understand that MF is manual focus?  When I select it, the view screen looks weird.

I realize I’m asking much.  Hopefully someone with great patience can help me.

Thanks for listening.

Reupurt

Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow