Frustrated with time lapse video in 5DS

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Victor Engel Forum Pro • Posts: 18,558
Frustrated with time lapse video in 5DS

Every time I actually have occasion to shoot time lapse video on 5DS I get confused by the UI. It's not obvious what I have to do. I wind up spending a lot of time browsing through the menu options, giving up, then reading the manual, then trying again, and sometimes still not being able to figure out the appropriate steps.

If any of you do this regularly, what are the steps you use? The issue I run into is that the menu item specified in the manual is not presented.

There's a nice step-by-step here.

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/8202610500.html

I'll print this out or write it down for next time. The issue I get is that #7 does not work because the item to select is missing. Why? Of course, it usually also happens when it's dark, I have the camera on the tripod at tallest setting, so I can't see the top display.

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +12 more
Canon EOS 5DS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow