after reading, watching, learning and then lurking-i just bought a canon 5d classic!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
robfilms Junior Member • Posts: 28
after reading, watching, learning and then lurking-i just bought a canon 5d classic!

long story short, i am a video shooter for the past 30+ years who suddenly is getting stills work, mostly portraits.

i'm thrilled. stills are so different than motion. i'm like a 15yr old taking his first photography class in high school.

i'm looking to do more available light portraiture, specifically window light.

i find a local craigslist 5d classic that canon had done the mirror fix in 2015 (i have the documentation). this guy bought from the original owner a year ago to shoot some car stuff but quickly moved to a current sony full frame because the sony also shoots video.

i buy the guy coffee. we gab. nice guy. the fellow and i agree on a very reasonable price which includes a canon 50mm/1.8 stm, a 16gb cf card, cf reader, canon strap, new canon brand battery and original charger and all original paperwork and boxes. frankly, i spent more on this year's 32nd wedding anniversary lunch with my wife than i did this afternoon!

it is a cold rainy day in nyc so by the time i get to my apartment there is barely any window light. 445pm/est. below is the first shot taken. it is straight out of the camera.

love the subtlety of the green without blowing out the orange.

it is nice to have a new tool.

canon 5d classic with canon 50mm/1.8 stm

robfilms's gear list:robfilms's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow