judgement please for LiveComp M1MkII

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jan Krux Regular Member • Posts: 383
judgement please for LiveComp M1MkII

Hi folks,

I was trying the LiveComp setting in the night. Did some shots but as the camera is nt able to autofocus in the dark sky I had to set lens to infinit manually. Unfortunately the ring on the lenses does not stop at infinit, but turns a little bit further if you want. but what is the correct setting? At the infinit sign or where the focus ring stops?

The photo below is done with livecomp, but I am not sure, it looks bit blurry to me ( on the stars) is that camera shake due manually (w/o cable) release and stop the shutter, or wrong distance setting?

Suggestions and critics welcome!

done with the E-M1MkII with 2.8/7-14mm lens,  on tripod and Iso 1600 Time 2sec

this is only done as a test, as I am thinking if I need the cable RM-CB2 or if manual release and stop is fine. But this photo is wrong somehow - I am not talking about composition ... it's done in my yard, close to Cape Town, with lots of light pollution ...

Thx , Jan

Jan Krux's gear list:Jan Krux's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow