New owner of a D500 and could use some settings help!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Intercooler2 Regular Member • Posts: 188
New owner of a D500 and could use some settings help!

I'm coming from a Nikon P900, so it's swimming in the deep end for me right now. I took a couple of decent shots the first day and then made what I thought were positive changes... turned out crap the second day!

The first day I shot in P mode like my old camera. It seems everyone uses manual mode for the D500? The D500 doesn't have a "U" selection like my old camera unless I just don't know where it's hidden? I had my in-flight settings saved under that on the old camera and guess on this one I can't keep two setups? I did get it set to RAW now and have my ISO ranges set. In the old camera -0.3 EC seemed to work 99% of the time, but don't know on this one. I did read it seems most people set it higher?

Intercooler2's gear list:Intercooler2's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon D500 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR
Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow