Hard decision 24-70/105/120 lenses

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
nuke12
nuke12 Senior Member • Posts: 2,828
Hard decision 24-70/105/120 lenses

I'm having a hard time deciding on if to sell my Nikon 24-120 f/4. Yes, I know there are lots of issues with the lens. It's crap at before and after 85mm. Not that great at 120mm (but better then 85mm). My problem is that after figuring out, what not focal lengths not to use, the lens gave me some darn nice images and it has that convenience factor that most lenses in the range, don't have.

So now I also have the Tamron 24-70 G2. A very nice lens. Definitely better in it's range then the 24-120 and also faster but not near as convenient.

I have two bodies but can't see me using two bodies with two zooms in the same zoom range.

It also still peeves me off that NONE of the lenses in this zoom range can compete with the IQ that you can get in the 70-200 range and I've tried a lot of them. None of 24-70/105/120 lenses are as good.

Sigh.....what to do, what to do........

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2 +28 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow