Cold snap

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlwynS Senior Member • Posts: 1,523
Cold snap

We have had a rather mild (if grey and wet...) winter and recently it almost looked like we were heading for an early spring.

And then..

All of a sudden winter returned with a vengeance with some pretty low temperatures and even some snow (which we had almost none of for the most of the winter). But I must say I do not mind the low temperatures and the snow sure is pretty.

I took a walk this morning to see how the locals were coping. Some looked perplexed: "What the heck IS this?"

This one seemed to be wondering where this global warming everybody is talking about has gone to:

This palm-type plant was heard asking for directions to California or Arizona:

For some it was business as usual: you still have to eat! Up...

.. over (or he/she just wanted to get his/her feet out of the snow?)..

...and finally down. Alas: what comes up MUST come down.

I have found that coyotes typically look very good around here in winter. Not sure if it due to their coat being thicker or that there is just an abundance of food available here so they are well fed. This one I thought looked in magnificent shape.

Hunkered down against the chill:

A sparrow knee-deep in snow. And horribly blown highlights.. Or, seeing it is behind him, are those perhaps blown taillights?

Wigeons were still flying:

Overall, I am happy to report that the locals seem to be doing quite well, thank you very much.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Alwyn

AlwynS's gear list:AlwynS's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P610 Sony RX10 IV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow