A trip to an old abandoned ruin in snowy Sweden...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,202
A trip to an old abandoned ruin in snowy Sweden...

A few shots from last weekend i took going to an old castle ruin here in Sweden.

This was a trip we made pretty unplanned so all i took was my Leica Q and my Df+24-70 and the 105 f2,5 Ai-s. We were not even sure what to expect when we came there, if the place would be open to visitors etc.

Also the only thing as props we had was this old Poncho , the way there from the parking lot was full of snow and we were quite happy we did not bring anything else cause of how hard it was to walk there.

Also, just arriving there we saw a sign that said it was closed due to the hazard of the place collapsing So...it was either going home empty-handed or just making something of what we had to work with. The idea of fantasy and Viking inspired theme came to me just being there so it was something i kept in mind when i started, even so the gf was freezing in just the poncho and i had to think fast and work fast or the patience would run thing quite fast!

I had a few i was quite satisfied with and when i got home i just quickly worked some props into the picture and enhanced the fantasy/viking feel to the pictures. yep it doesn't look totally real etc but i was satisfied to have a cool memory and a nice portrait session from that trip to the ruin that looked so bad to begin with

/Martin.

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow