Grainy images on Sony a7RII using metabones and canon lenses

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nsousadias New Member • Posts: 3
Grainy images on Sony a7RII using metabones and canon lenses

Hi,

I recently switched from Canon to Sony. I use a Sony a7RII, but still haven't gathered enough money to switch lenses. Instead, after reading some good reviwes about the Metabones adaptor, decided to keep the Canon lenses and switch gradually. The result of this decision has been frustrating. The focusing is very slow, but that is not even the worst, as most of the work I do is prodcut photography. The main problem has to do with image definition, and grain/noise. After a while, I decided to compare images, same settings, same lens (Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L) on both the Sony a7RII, with the Metabones, and my old camera, a Canon EOS 5D Mark II. My surprise was great, as I verified the canon image was sharper. Meanwhile, as you probably know, tha 5D Mark II has roughly half the image quallity (at least in theory). I contacted the retaylor, with whom I am fairlly close, and he said the problem might have to do with the interface between lens and camera, and offered to conduct a test, using both cameras and a lens from a third manufacturer, in this case a Zeiss lens with a canon mount. The results were completelly different. The images out of the Sony were indeed much better. This leaves me frustrated, as I am not likelly to gather the necessary funds to invest in Sony G lenses, at least in a near future, and I really need to solve this problem. I know my Canon lenses are sharp, I know they can produce quallity images. I just can't seem to make them "get along" with the new camera. I have some images that I really need to convert successfuly. Can anyone recomend a may, a software, other than lightroom? Thanks!

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow