Seeking advice: New lens: Nikon 105 f2 DC or Fuji 90 f2

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sdbrock New Member • Posts: 10
Seeking advice: New lens: Nikon 105 f2 DC or Fuji 90 f2

I am fairly new to Fuji. I have an X-T1 (coming from Nikon film for the past two years: N90S, which I still own and use; yes, I am just getting into digital). I own the following lenses: Fuji 23 f2, Nikon 50 f1.8, Nikon 135 f3.5, and Nikon 80-200 f4.5. Then I have a speed booster so that I can use my Nikon lenses on my Fuji.

I just got started working as a professional artist, specializing in painting, drawing, and illustration (sometimes sculpture, but mostly for fun). My photography informs that work and other than that I shoot portraits and landscapes and abstracts for fun.

I would like to buy a new lens and it makes sense to buy the Fuji 90mm, but I have always wanted to buy the Nikon 105mm f2 DC. I cannot buy both. I am comfortable using manual focus, because that is all I have used. So, I am looking for some advice.

Would the Nikon be a better "investment" lens (as in re-sale value)?

Is the Nikon lens so great that it would make sense over buying a lens that is specifically designed for my X-T1?

I am looking to invest in a quality portrait lens. Do you have other suggestions?

I look forward to your responses and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

sdbrock's gear list:sdbrock's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC XF 90mm
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
rlx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow