Canon TS-E135 F4L - for testing

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Keith Cooper
Keith Cooper Senior Member • Posts: 1,719
Canon TS-E135 F4L - for testing

After a bit of badgering, Canon UK are going to lend me the new TS-E lenses for a series of reviews (I've already got the 17mm/24mm and original 90mm)

Since I've only got them for a limited time (one after the other - 50mm next) it would be great if anyone has any particular questions, so I can look at whatever it is whilst I've got the lens here

First up is the TS-E135mm F4L - here on my 5Ds

It's heavy and feels really solidly built. The focus and movements are lovely and smooth, whilst the giant till knob makes for distinctly easier setting and adjustment than the older lenses.

One minor annoyance is that the lens is a fraction of a millimetre wider in diameter where the name plate is, so it won't fit the PPL TSE lens mount for stitching. It's also sufficiently different (and with the big tilt knob) that it won't fit the Rogeti TSE frame I recently tested with the TS-E17 and 24mm (mk2)

-- hide signature --

bye for now
Keith Cooper

Keith Cooper's gear list:Keith Cooper's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon EF 11-24mm F4L
Canon EOS 5DS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow