Jumping into the Fuji System. What to look for and where to go?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mbjerggaard New Member • Posts: 4
Jumping into the Fuji System. What to look for and where to go?

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently in the midst of considering changing system from a Nikon D40 on which i basically only use the 35mm 1.8 lens. Shooting a range of different styles but mostly landscape, architecture and urban.

At first i was considering going for the Nikon D7500 (£835 body) as that would be the most logical progression and i would be able to use the same lenses (my brother also shoots Nikon). But after peeking into the world of mirrorless I was quite captivated of the small maneuverable builds and yea there is just something about them?

The Fuji lineup looks great, which is obviously why I'm here. I'm primarily looking at the X-T20 and the X-E3 and I'm not quite sure which route to go, especially the lenses confuse me as the available kits with different lenses have all kinds of different price points and on top of that I'm not from the US so the prices seems slightly different in that regard as well. So i tried to get an overview of it all an made this quick table in excel which you can see here:

In addition to considering getting one of the kit lenses i was also considering getting just the body and then buy a specific lens on the side. Something equivalent to the Nikkor 35mm 1.8 for example. So i made a list of the most common(?) lenses and their price points as well, at least from what i know.

So this turned into a slightly longer than anticipated paragraph but in essence, i would love some feedback on both the actual body and which lens to pair with it, in terms of quality but also value for money (hence why i posted the prices). Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Thank you very much for your time and i appreciate the feedback!

Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D40 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow