Some expert advice needed: a6300 + Commlite + Canon EF-S 10-18 issues

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
drszabopeter New Member • Posts: 16
Some expert advice needed: a6300 + Commlite + Canon EF-S 10-18 issues

Need some help from You who have also faced similar AF issues:

At first try my Canon 10-18mm was working well together with the Commlite EF-Nex AF adapter on my A6300 body (PDAF AF with small green dots, aperture control...)

Next time I lost AF, but the aperture control and the IS apparemtly kept on working seamlessly!? It worked this way for a couple of sessions...

Then I listened to an advise to take off the adapter-lens combo while the gear was switched ON and mount it back (the camera still switched ON) to regain AF. It did not work out and now I face that I lost aperture control as well, no Aperture Value displayed anymore (displays: F--)! The AF selection menu is now inactive which was enabled at my first try.

The Commlite however keeps on working well as expected (slow AF, aperture control...) with the other Canon lens of mine (EF 85mm f1,8)...

Has it bricked the 10-18mm or is it simply unable to control it - though I saw some video that suggests it works even if it  locks up once in a while?

Is there any other method to regain Aperture control and/or AF?

Thanks in advance

drszabopeter's gear list:drszabopeter's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow